Comprehensive Tobacco Retail Marketing Training
The Tobacco Point-of-Sale Crash Course was created for new to tobacco control professionals as well as those interested in taking a more aggressive approach towards reducing the impact of tobacco marketing at retail. It is a 2-3 DAY comprehensive and interactive training that encourages tobacco policy, systems, and environmental change at retail. On-site classes with 5 or more participants are available upon request.
WHY IS THIS TRAINING IMPORTANT?
According to the CDC, tobacco use kills nearly 6 million people across the world, including nearly half a million Americans each year. The tobacco industry spends over a million dollars per hour to market tobacco in the United States. Tobacco retail marketing stimulates unplanned purchases, plays an important role in brand selection, and discourages quit attempts and abstinence among current and former tobacco users.
It is vital for tobacco control advocates to understand tobacco industry retail marketing and how it impacts tobacco-related morbidity and mortality. FTS CAN HELP. The Tobacco Point-of-Sale Crash Course is comprehensive and interactive and encourages tobacco policy, systems, and environmental change at retail.
- Tobacco Control Laws
- Leading Tobacco Company Brand Portfolios
- Tobacco Industry Marketing
- Health Hazards of Leading Tobacco Products & ENDs
- Targeted Retail Marketing Strategies
- Health Hazards of Tobacco Smoke & Vapor
- Tobacco Products & Presence/Placement
- Tobacco Retail Assessments
- Tobacco Price & Promotion
- Methods to Address Tobacco Retail Marketing
THE TOPICS COVERED ARE NECESSARY TO:
- Create and/or enhance tobacco prevention and/or point-of-sale objectives
- Counter tobacco industry retail activities
- Conduct retail assessments to expose disparities in access to tobacco products
- Reduce tobacco-related disparities in access to tobacco at retail
Receive helpful print materials to use at retail, including a tobacco product brand list, sample retail assessment, and a retail safety guide.
To schedule an on-site training in your city/state, complete the form on the “Contact Us” tab.
- LEARN ABOUT TOBACCO MARKETING FROM A FORMER BIG TOBACCO MARKETING EXECUTIVE!
- LEARN SIMPLE METHODS TO IDENTIFY CONTRACTED RETAILERS!
- CONDUCT COMPREHENSIVE RETAIL ASSESSMENTS!
- CALCULATE TOBACCO DISPLAY DIMENSIONS WITHOUT MEASURING TAPE!
- IDENTIFY THE MOST AGGRESSIVE TOBACCO COMPANIES IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
- LEARN HOW TO BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH RETAILERS!